Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Work VS Blog

Wow, I didn't realize that it had been so long since I posted to this thing. In the "real" world, the "work thing" is so much more highly rated than the "social networking thing".

It has been a busy, crazy year and my government stimulus check is obviously in the same place as my Ed Mc Mahon Publishers Clearing House check which means fewer employees and more hours at the shop. My Grandkid thinks I live here. Being President of Carpet Cleaners of the Northwest and on the board for the National Institute of Rug Cleaners has also been a big chunk of time with all the political ins and outs. It will be a relief to be able to get back to basics.

Over the last year of more work, I've come to the realization that people who have time to post limitless blogs about how great their business is or who leave multiple posts on industry chat pages with their limitless knowledge or who till their fields on Farmville obviously aren't working - which makes one question the validity of their claims of being great cleaners. If I had time - I'd question my own sometimes

As I boldly head into 2010, you will see fewer and fewer postings (if that is possible) but hopefully some with creditable content. I will be teaching more this year and look forward to being in Troy Michigan in February for Rug Summit II
http://www.icsmag.com/Articles/Breaking_News/BNP_GUID_9-5-2006_A_10000000000000704402

in Atlanta Georgia at the Restoration Industry Association Convention in March

and in Seattle in August for a basic two day rug repair class in conjunction with the Restoration Industry Associations Three Day Rug ID Class taught by Ellen Amirkhan and Aaron Groseclose.https://www.netforumondemand.com/eWeb/DynamicPage.aspx?Site=ria&WebCode=EventList

Happy New Year to all, best wishes to you and yours.

Thea

No comments: